Diplomate, American Board of Anesthesiology
Objective Current PositionProfessional EducationMilitary Service
- Member in group pactice, Valley Anesthesiology Consultants, Ltd. (June 2002 - Present)
- Chairman of Anesthesiology, Banner Estrella Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona (January 1999 - 2008)
- Bylaws Committee, OR Subcommittee, Perinatal Committee, Pharmacy & Theraputics Committee, Banner Estrella Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona (January 1999 - Present)
- Preceptor of Anesthesiology, Midwestern University / Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Glendale, Arizona (November 1999 - Present)
Board Certification / Licensure
Wiford Hall Medical Center, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas; Anesthesiology Residency (July 1, 1993 - June 30, 1996)
- TSA-ASA Resident Representative, Anesthesia-Pharmacy Committee.
- Malcolm Grow USAF Medical Center, Andrews Air Force Base, Maryland; Transitional Internship (July 1, 1990 - June 30,1991)
- Uniformed Services University School of Medicine, Bethesda, Maryland; Doctorate of Medicine: May 19, 1990
- University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland; B.S. in Zoology: 1982
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor, American Heart Association (February 1996 - Present)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Insturctor, American Heart Association (July 1998 - Present)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program, American Heart Association (October 2000 - October 2002)
- Basic Life Support, American Heart Association (February 1982 - July 10, 2003)
- Arizona Medical Association (January 2003 - Present)
- Arizona Society of Anesthesiologists (February 2002 - Present)
- American Medical Association (1986 - Present)
- Association of Military Surgeons of the United States (1986 - 2001)
American Society of Anesthesiologists (1993 - Present)
- Board Member of the Committee on Electronic Media and Information Technology (EMIT) (1996-present)
- Co Chair of the Wood Library-Museum of Anesthesiology, Committee on Electronic Communication, Export & Storage (1997-Present)
- Webmaster ASA Resident Component (1995-2000)
- Webmaster Wood Library-Museum (1995 - Present )
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia (1993 - Present)
Texas Society of Anesthesiologists (1993 - 1996)
- Resident representative to the ASA for WHMC-BAMC 1995
- International Anesthesia Research Society (1995 - Present)
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists (1995 - Present)
- Society of Air Force Clinical Surgeons (1995 - 2001)
- Air Force Meritorious Service Medal: 1999
- Air Force Commendation Medal: 1993
- Expert M16 Rifle, 9 mm Handgun, Outstanding Unit, and National Defense Service Ribbons
- Commander of Troops-Health Professions Officer Indoctrination Course: 1986
- Phi Sigma Honor Society-University of Maryland: 1985
- Lt Col United States Air Force Medical Corps (Service from May 1986 - July 2002)
- Director of Anesthesiology, 56th Medical Group, Luke Air Force Base, Arizona (September 1999 - July 2002)
- Chief of Anesthesiology, 374th Medical Group, Yokota Air Base, Japan (August 1996 - August 1999)
- Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, TX (July 1993 - July 1996)
- Primary Care Physician, Primary Care Clinic, 17th Medical Group, Goodfellow AFB, TX (August 1991 - July 1993)
- Malcolm Grow Medical Center, Andrews AFB, MD (June 1990 - July 1991)
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (May 1986 - June 1990)
- Cusick JM, Eisenach JC: Oct 2001, Review of Web Site - Capnography.com, Anesthesiology 2001; V 95, No. 4, p 1049
- Cusick JM, Eisenach JC: Nov 1998, Review of Web Site - Worldwide Congress on Pain, Anesthesiology 1998; V 89, No 5 , p 1304
- Cusick JM, Eisenach JC: April 1998, Review of Web Site - Wright's Anesthesia and Critical Care Resources on the Internet, Anesthesiology 1998; V 88, No 4, p1139
- Cusick JM, Eisenach JC: Feb 1998, Review of Web Site - AnesthesiaWeb, Anesthesiology 1998; V 88, No 2 , p 558
- Affleck PJ, Cusick JM, Van Decar T, Waisel DB: Recall of Risks Following Labor Epidural Analgesia (abstract), Anesthesia & Analgesia 1997; 84:S380. Publication of final report to be published in the Journal of Clinical Anesthesia.
- Developed and maintained the American Society of Anesthesiologists Resident Component internet web site, 1994 - May 2000.
- Developed and maintained the Wood Library-Museuum internet web site, 1994 - Present.
- Cusick JM: The Internet for Anesthesiologists, ASA Newsletter, 1996; Volume 60, Number 4.
- Cusick JM: The Basics of setting up an Internet / Intranet Website, ASA Newsletter, 1996; Volume 61, Number 3.
- Anesthesia and Critical Care Reference Sheet developed in1992 and continually updated since. Available for purchase on the internet.